Saturday 22 June 2013

Robyn Has Two New Videos Out! Which One Is Best? U Should Know Better or Go Kindergarten?


Despite claiming that she won't be releasing new material this year, Swedish pop star Robyn has two new videos out that demand your attention. First up is a duet with Snoop Dogg called 'U Should Know Better'. It might be hard to imagine the pair together but after hearing this track, I wouldn't be surprised if an entire duets album is on the cards. The song was a highlight from 'Body Talk Pt 2', which seems strange as that album was released almost three years ago but the video makes up for the long wait, with its bizarre gender bending antics and a surprise cameo from Robyn herself. Don't blink or you'll miss it.



"I throw down and say "Whatever's gonna be, gonna be. 
The whole industry knows not to f**k with me."

How brilliant is that kid who plays the mini Robyn?

If 'U Should Know Better' is tongue in cheek with its humour, then Robyn's new duet with comedy group Lonely Island is like a rubber chicken slap to the face. It's hard to pick a highlight from the video for 'Go Kindergarten' but for me, it's a tie between Robyn giving birth on the dancefloor and Sean Combs educating said child in the club with Paul Rudd. The song and video are just ridiculous on every level but it's ironic that the track genuinely has more to say about the music industry than most songs released today. 



"We're all shining bright, let the music take you away.
Don't ask questions, just do everything we say."

I've gotta get me a cat hat!

So which video is best: 'U Should Know Better' or 'Go Kindergarten'? I think it depends on whether you prefer the trendy alternative Robyn from 'Call Your Girlfriend' or the insanely kooky Robyn from 'Konichiwa Bitches'. Personally, I love both videos as I can't get enough of either Robyn. I still don't get why she's so underrated in the mainstream today but I'm sure at least one of these releases will gain her some new fans. 

Let me know which video you prefer by commenting, liking and sharing below.

No comments:

Post a Comment