Thursday 24 January 2013

Taylor Swift Cover; I Knew You Were Trouble by Tom Odell


After becoming the first male to win the Brits Critics Choice Award in years, Tom Odell's future looks brighter than ever. As part of his set for Radio 1's Live Lounge, the up and coming artist has covered Taylor Swift's pop hit 'I Knew You Were Trouble'. I absolutely love this song but I think Odell has done a great job of making it his own, slowing it down just a little to fit his signature piano-based style. Listen to the original here to compare the two versions.

If you like what you hear, then make sure you check out Odell's debut album titled 'Long Way Down', which will be released on April 15th. In the meantime, you can also listen to Odell's 'Songs From Another Love' EP by clicking here. I'm a huge fan and I can't wait to see him perform live at The Haunt in Brighton on the 10th March. Score!

So what do you think? Do you prefer Odell's version or is the original always the best? And do you think Odell is really set to be the next big thing? Let me know by commenting, liking and sharing below.


No comments:

Post a Comment